Salmon Potato and Fennel Chowder

I made this for my family the other day and they really enjoyed it. This is a very hearty soup and is a meal in itself.
Saute' several stalks of diced celery and 1 bulb of thinly sliced fennel in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.


 Add salt and pepper to taste and 1 tsp. of smoked paprika.

 Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes.

 Add 4 cups of seafood stock.  I added 2 seafood bouillon cubes too.

Cube 10 yellow potatoes and add them to the pot and bring it to a boil then turn it down to simmer for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
 Add 2 pounds of cubed salmon and several fronds of diced dill.  Cook for about 10 minutes until salmon is cooked through.

Stir in 1 cup of cream just before serving.

Comments

Lady M said…
Yum - that looks delicious and very comforting.
Anonymous said…
It really looks delicious but I'm not a big fan of salmon, could of course use another fish.

Have a great day!

Christer.
Guillaume said…
That looks really delicious!
chickpea678 said…
Yum! I've even got fennel in my fridge. If my kids would only eat salmon!