Hot Sauce and Chicken Chili

I harvested some of the last of my peppers and made some hot sauce to go with the chicken chili I made for the kids yesterday.  It's simple to make.  Cut the stems off the peppers and slice about 20 of them up. Saute them in a couple tablespoons of oil until they begin to soften.  Add 2 cups of water and simmer them for about 20 minutes. I added some diced garlic and 1 tsp. of honey.  I also added 2 tablespoons of my homemade vegetable bouillon for added flavor.  You can use store bought. Let the mixture sit for a while to cool.

Dump it into a food processor and puree it. Pour in 1 cup of vinegar as it swirls.  This was so good that the kids ate it in bowls, dipping chips into it.

Here is the recipe for the chicken chili:   http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=chicken+chili 

I made 20 quarts and they ate every bit of it.

Comments

There's never any leftovers with those kids!
Susan said…
Just think about all the doors you have opened for them, figuratively speaking.
Anonymous said…
That sounds like a perfect meal on a rainy and cold weekend :-)
I'm not surprised those kids gulps it down :-)

Have a great day!

Christer.

https://thecottagebythecranelakefour.wordpress.com
Guillaume said…
Another yummy recipe.